Random Mumblings

Time passes amazingly fast here. I don't want time to go so fast. It's like I only have lessons from Monday to Thursday and the weekend comes, and poof, my week's over.

It's been 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days since I've been here. Effectively, this is my eighth week here. Eight weeks (okay, seven since my mother and sister were here for the first week) spent away from the comfort of my own little house with my family. I'm pretty amazed how I've survived thus far. I do my laundry conscientiously. (Twice or thrice a week, quite a lot.) I've started cooking my own meals more regularly. (A lot of it is still processed stuff. I need to figure out how to get fresh food without poisoning myself because I can't choose vegetables properly for nuts.) Heck, I even magic-clean my floor (cloth on my hands, not on the stick thing) almost every other day.

Of course, life isn't that smooth-sailing. Language barriers do exist, despite having learnt Korean. I do wish I studied harder before coming here. People are nice, but I'll admit, it's a lot more comfortable with friends back home. Food wise, I miss Singapore food like crazy. Seriously. Korean food is so limited. After a while, I get sick of it. But school food varies quite a bit, so I'm not that sick of it in school yet. It's just that when we go outside, we always don't know what to eat, and all I think of is all the Laksa, Bak Chor Mee and Yong Tau Foo I could have been enjoying back home.

Nonetheless, I still have more than half the journey to go. I will make the best out of it. Jeju in two weeks! But first, I have to study for my Mid-terms, finish a chapter presentation and submit 3 assignment sets. Sounds so exciting.

Till then.

Labels: