Samcheongdong on Budhha's Birthday: 21 May 2010




Bernice, PS and myself had been wanting to check out Samcheongdong (삼청동) for a while. It's a street of many quaint shops, restaurants and cafes. PS and myself had gone there with the group in our first week, but we didn't get to explore it much because we went there really late. (Most of the photos in this post are from Bernice's awesome DSLR!)

We got up pretty late so by the time we went off to Anguk Station, it was almost 2? And I had to meet Cheryl and Joy in the evening for drinks around 6-7 so I remember being in a mad rush, so we didn’t get to walk Samcheongdong as much as we would have wanted to.





We saw a classy pasta restaurant and decided to go into it, thinking we would get good food in a nice ambience. Wrong. Food wasn’t bad, but it just wasn’t worth the price. We must have paid about 15,000 KRW and above each. Not worth it. It’s pretty yes, but not worth the price. It’s right opposite the popular yogurt shop at Samcheongdong.










Dessert on a hot Summer day at another cafe!

That night, I met Cheryl Jo, Joy and their friend for drinks at Hongdae. They treated us to Dong Dong Ju, a variation of Makkeoli that is sweeter and also less gassy. I think it was because of that, that I kind of lost count of the amount that I was drinking. I got pretty tipsy after and I remember stumbling to the toilet at least 5-6 times to clear my system.

We headed to NB Hongdae after that and it wasn’t very much fun because it was so crowded everywhere. That’s what you get for going on a Friday night, honestly. So we went to a Noraebang after that where we sang till 4-5am.

More on Samcheongdong: http://www.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=264473

Labels: , ,