L'etoile Cafe


Farrer Park is hardly the place one would expect to find such a quaint, homely cafe as L'etoile. I first knew of this cafe when I was browsing through the cafe-hopping section of a friend's blog. (Her blog has way more photos definitely. All I had was my mom's trusty iPad and my Blackberry, hence photos are pretty minimal.) I was around the Farrer Park area today on an errand and thought why not make my trip all the way there more worthwhile by checking out this place?


When I walked down Owen Road, where L'etoile is situated along, it was mostly deserted save for a few hardware shops. I was beginning to think I was on the wrong road till we neared the end and I saw white pillars with the words "L'etoile", "books" and "wine". It is a good 5-10 minute walk from Farrer Park MRT station depending on how fast you walk and what the weather conditions are for the day.


I had coffee before I headed to the cafe, so I settled for a pot of Chamomile tea ($5.90) and a slice of Tiramisu  (same price, I believe), after the lady at the counter recommended it. The Tiramisu was really good - soft, fluffy and light-tasting. Went perfectly well with my pot of tea!


The cafe has two floors but I only managed to capture the second floor on this trip cos' I felt weird whipping out the huge iPad to take photos at the lower floor. That said, I'd definitely go back another day armed with a proper camera and with a heartier appetite! 

L'etoile Cafe
160 Owen Road (Farrer Park MRT Station Exit D)
Singapore 218953
Tel: 6298 2872

Labels: