Eggs & Berries


Instead of packing for my Malaysia trip, here I am editing photos from my trip to a new all-day brunch location in the East, Eggs&Berries yesterday. It's so rare to find such places in the far Eastern corner of Singapore I live in, hence my eagerness to share this post. For this brunch trip, I managed to convince two of my new-found friends to accompany me for breakfast before our temporary work stint at Expo. 

When I called the day before to make a reservation, the waitress reminded me that reservations would only be held for 15 minutes due to the weekend crowd. When I arrived with my friends at 9.15am, the outlet was nearly half-empty, not quite the crowd I was expecting.

 
The very simple menu. There's a rather affordable Early Riser Special ($9.50) that has all the breakfast works but it's only available from 8-9am.

I first found out about Eggs&Berries after reading a review about it in the Sunday papers. They were having a 1-for-1 promotion for the Eggs Benedict if you pay via your Citibank card. (The promotion runs till the end of June.) Even at the original price, I would say this is a relatively affordable brunch location. 


My Eggs Benedict. ($14.80) The cling-wrapped poached eggs (I presume, from the shape) were perfect! My only gripe was that it wasn't very warm.


Sweet Brioche French Toast with Scrambled Eggs and Sausage ($13.50). Another affordable and very filling dish. Plus they serve three types of sauces for your pancakes - chocolate, strawberry and maple.

Overall, the ambience and the food is decent, though the plating wasn't exactly superb and my dish wasn't warm when it arrived. Nonetheless, for the price and the proximity of this restaurant to my home, I might give it another shot. Plus the menu is pretty extensive, with breakfast, lunch and dinner options available all day. Will update with my new verdict when I've revisited the place!

Eggs&Berries 
https://www.facebook.com/Eggs.and.Berries
5 Changi Business Park Central 1
Changi City Point
#01-37/38
Tel: 6636 4212

Labels: ,