Batter Fluffy Flaps


I first knew of Batter Fluffy Flaps (BFF) when I was walking to my usual bus stop at Katong after church, late one evening. Of course, the shop was closed, but what caught my attention was this cute little sheep hanging right outside the shop. While there are many eateries along the Katong stretch, cafes tend to be a bit less common. Having found this new cafe (they opened in May), I decided to grab my own BBF, Juli, to give this place a try.



What I love about this place is that they actually allow you to customise your own pancake dish (S$14), choosing your own type of pancake (plain, blueberry or chocolate chip) fruits, toppings, ice cream and sauce. If you prefer something simpler, they also sell original pancakes served with butter and maple syrup. Apart from the usual sweet type of pancakes, they also have savoury ones, with prawns, beef and more. 


We went on a weekday afternoon so the place was empty except for us. I think the lack of crowd is also because it's relatively new. It looks like a great place to hold a party though, with all the cute decorations and furniture. I saw some photos of a friend having her twenty-first there recently. Makes me wish I held mine in a cafe too! But that aside, the decorations are very clean, bright and cute. How can the restaurant not be cute when they have a fluffy little sheep fronting it, right?


Looks like a great spot to chill. But we opted for the normal-height tables for easy dining.

Juli posing proudly with the beer menu!

My Chamomile tea which came with a M&M cookie.

Truffle Ruffles (S$8). Loads of truffle oil in this, not that I'm complaining.

Banana Bonanza (S$12).

Spicy Chicken Mid-wings (S$8)

Juicy Beefy Patty (S$14)

Our spread!

True to its name, BFF does serve really fluffy pancakes! It was so fluffy and filling that Juli and I could hardly finish the two plates of pancakes between us. We liked the sweet pancake dish more than the savoury one as the ice cream definitely helped make the pancake a lot easier to munch on. For the savoury beef pancake dish, it felt a bit dry. Perhaps we should have drizzled maple syrup on it and eaten it ala McGriddle style. 

That said, I really loved the vibe of the place and the menu offerings. Given that I'm often around the Katong area because of church, I'll definitely be back to try other things on the menu. It looks like a great place to chill too, with the wide selection of coffees, tea and other drinks. 


Batter Fluffy Flaps 
https://www.facebook.com/batterfluffyflaps
89 East Coast Road
#01-01
Singapore 428790
Tel: 6440 7071

Labels: , ,