The Merry Men


So my birthday fell on the last week of July and I got to dine out more than usual because some of my closer friends gave me treats, instead of presents as I'm quite difficult to shop for. On the actual day, I had tickets to a physical blogshop retail event called ChicKissLove at Zouk, so I brought my friend Cheryl. Since we were in the Zouk vicinity, she suggested trying out The Merry Men. I have never heard of them before but trusty Google tells me they're about 2 years old, and the awesome thing is they don't charge GST nor service charge. (Yay for nett prices!)




We made reservations on a Sunday afternoon, but it appears that we didn't have to as the restaurant was pretty empty. They have an al fresco area and an indoor sitting area. As it was midday and the weather was absolutely sweltering, we opted for seats inside. Loved the high ceilings and the tree paintings on the walls.


I have a recent obsession with all things poached eggs and hence I decided to try the Asparagus and Eggs (S$16), consisting of two poached eggs topped with Hollandaise sauce, Gammon pork ham and grilled green asparagus. The amount of sauce on the eggs was measly, seriously. Plus the eggs felt overcooked and dry, as if the eggs used too old. I didn't finish my eggs. The ham and asparagus was good though.


Cheryl ordered the Heart-Stopping Hashies (S$14) - two hashbrowns topped with wilted spinach, scrambled eggs, sautéed mushrooms, bacon bits and Hollandaise sauce. She liked her food but commented that 14 bucks for two hashbrowns with eggs on them seemed a tad overpriced.


We also ordered the Truffle Shoestring Fries (S$10) to share. The portion was huge (enough for you to eat till you're sick of it) and the fries were very yummy! I foresee myself going back there perhaps on a weekday evening, chilling with a beer and some Truffle fries, sitting outside by the river. Just not for brunch. 

The Merry Men
86 Robertson Quay 
Robertson Blue
#01-02 
Tel: 6735 9667

Labels: