Group Therapy


This was way back in the beginning of August. Pardon the huge time lapse. I've just started work and it's wrecking havoc on my sleeping habits, hence the lack of entries. Audrey and I met up with Robin for a farewell brunch cos' he was due to leave for the States for his exchange. I had heard of the awesome poached eggs dish at Group Therapy for a while and suggested this location for our brunch. We went on a Sunday afternoon and the cafe was really packed, but they managed to get us seated within 5 minutes.

The menu which was just a piece of A4 paper, which I think they change everyday cos' there's a date on top of the menu.


Thick toast, smoked salmon, Gruyere (a sort of cheese), and creamy hollandaise sauce on the top. (S$15)

Of course, I went for the poached eggs dish. It came with a huge serving of hollandaise sauce, but I'm seriously not complaining. It complemented the dish well and it tasted really good. The eggs were poached nicely too. The dish was extremely savoury without being too overwhelming.

Grilled Ham and Cheese Panini. (S$16)


Croque Madame (S$18)

I liked the vibe of the place and how bright and spacious it was even though there were a lot of people there that afternoon. Service was pretty slow though, we waited about 20-30 minutes for our food, we didn't really keep track because we were busy talking. But I'd gladly say the poached eggs were worth it. Not so sure about the other dishes though. If I do return, it'll probably be on a weekday evening. Hopefully the crowd is smaller then so I wouldn't have to wait too long for the food.

We ended off with some healthy drinks at Takademi!

Group Therapy
49 Duxton Road
#02-01 
Tel: 6222 2554

T.AKADEMI
22 Cross Street
#01-63
Singapore 048421

Labels: ,