Winter in Hong Kong 2014: Disneyland and Dimsum!

Being a Disneyland fanatic, my sister was hell-bent on making Disneyland part of the itinerary. I could have skipped out on it, but a part of me loves rides and I really did want to see Disneyland decked in its wintery wonderland splendour. 

Can you tell I'm already trying to get into the whole Christmas mode? I kid, I love going to countries with not-so-cold winters. Perfect for bringing out those under-utilised parkas I have sitting at the back of my wardrobe.

Since our last trip to Hong Kong, Australia Dairy Company has become a staple and a must-go for breakfast. My dad baulked at the thought of travelling several MTR stops for breakfast when we had a free buffet breakfast provided by the hotel. But seriously, I only had 4 days, I didn't want to waste it on standard, continental hotel fare. 

The sign you need to look out for when you're coming out of Jordan station and turning into the alley.

Never a quiet moment at Australia Dairy Company.

The standard fare sans our Milk Tea which had yet to arrive.

The crowd at Australia Dairy Company can be intimidating, but let me assure you it is worth every minute of your wait. Plus, the staff move with such efficiency that though the queue might stretch for a block, you'd usually be seated within 10-15 minutes. Always remember to order in one go, and keep your questions to a minimum. If you don't know what to get, the breakfast set of scrambled eggs, turkey ham macaroni and tea would be good for starter's. If you're craving for more, try their Milk Pudding (They're called Australia Dairy Company for good reason). Ordering and having my meal here is always amusing, especially when you see first-timers stumbling over their orders and impatient staff snapping back. It will be quite nerve-wrecking on the first go, but do try it once, I guarantee you won't regret it. 

Once we were done with our quick, quick breakfast, it was off to Disneyland! Travelling there is pretty fool-proof, just that it requires quite a couple of line changes. I enjoyed Disneyland a lot more this time round as they opened two new worlds and I went on a lot more rides. My personal favourites include Space Mountain and the Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars. Mystic Manor is a new and interesting ride too. Everything else is pretty much for the kids, so they usually have long lines of families.







Cinderella's castle!

Look who we saw! So many little girls dressed up as Elsa and Anna...

The siblings. My sister never ever poses properly for the camera. On a side note, I know you can't really tell, but do we look alike?

Me chancing upon a weird setting and making the most of it. "Where am I? What is this strange place?"

On the Jungle Cruise before I ran off. This is a pretty mundane, slow ride but still worth a try.

Shortly after, I rushed back to Argyle to exchange some clothes I bought the day before and then rushed back to Sheung Wan to my hotel. Somehow I managed to squeeze in 20 minutes of workouts (Yay for Blogilates' videos!) before I showered and had PS and Trent at my apartment for drinks. (I figured, I might as well since the items in the fridge were all complimentary and my family didn't drink.)

Seoulmate reunion!

Since we were craving for some authentic HK dim sum, Trent did a bit of research and decided to bring us to Dim Sum Square, a small restaurant right below my hotel. Prices for the dim sum ranges from HKD$10 to HKD$25, which is super affordable. Plus because we went at almost 9pm, there was no queue. Just thinking about how everything was so affordable and good makes me want to head back there right now!



Our table full of food!

Trent brought us to a secret bar that was housed in one of the shop houses along Jervois shortly after. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the bar nor can I remember how to get there. But I felt I had to share a photo of the place because firstly, amazing d├ęcor or what, and secondly, look at that centrepiece above the counter - it's a lion's head!


My two loveliest companions.

Australia Dairy Co.
47 - 49 Parkes Street, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2730 1356 
Nearest MTR: Jordan Station (Exit C2)

Dim Sum Square
G/F, 88 Jervois Street, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2851 8088
Nearest MTR: Sheung Wan Station (Exit A2)

Labels: ,